Who are we?
#include<C++> is a global, inclusive, and diverse community for developers interested in C++. Here, you can find a welcoming space to learn and discuss C++. We also provide resources to create safer, more inclusive, community gatherings.
We believe that a community is only as good as how it treats its most vulnerable members. Therefore, we strive to create a welcoming, safe, and accessible environment. You can find our code of conduct here.
What do we do?
We are still in the process of getting set up, but we plan to provide the following:
- A set of resources on diversity and inclusion.
- An inclusive, welcoming space for people to discuss and learn C++.
- We have a Discord server. The public invite is currently closed, but you can get a personal invite by contacting us below or on Twitter.
- A toolbox for C++ conferences to improve diversity and inclusion.
- Help for conferences in reaching minority groups with calls for papers, and suggesting candidates to invite to speak.
- Help for companies in improving their C++ job advertisements to improve appeal to minority groups.
- Help for minorities and junior programmers in submitting talks for conferences or job applications.
Why make another organisation?
There are many organisations focused on improving diversity and inclusion in the tech space. However, we are in a very good place to target the C++ community specifically, because many of those involved are C++ experts with connections to conferences and companies where a difference can be made.
How can we be contacted?
You can reach us either through Twitter, or through the contact form below.