Current Funding Campaign
We are currently organising scholarships to send people from under-represented groups to C++ On Sea 2020 online:
- You can apply for a scholarship
- The conference has kindly donated 5 free tickets
- As this is an online conference, there will be no further costs for those receiving these free tickets
Who are we?
#include <C++> is a global, inclusive, and diverse community for developers interested in C++. Here, you can find a welcoming space to learn and discuss C++. We also provide resources to create safer, more inclusive, community gatherings.
Our goal is a more welcoming and inclusive C++ community, as expressed in conferences, the committee, industry and so on. We work hard both to make these changes, and to support others such as conference organisers, who share our goals.
We believe that a community is only as good as how it treats its most vulnerable members. Therefore, we strive to create a welcoming, safe, and accessible environment. We have a strong Code of Conduct, which we enforce.
Our primary communication platform is our Discord server. Join us to discuss and learn C++ in a welcoming, inclusive space.
Everyone who supports our goals, whether a member of any under-represented groups or not, is welcome to participate in any way - see What can I do? Many of our leaders and contributors are allies and we are grateful for all they do. If you want C++ to be more welcoming and inclusive, you’ll be welcomed and included.
You can find out more from Sy Brand’s DevRelCon London 2019 talk “Lessons learned creating an inclusive space in a decades old community”.
What do we do?
- A set of resources on diversity and inclusion.
- An inclusive, welcoming space for people to discuss and learn C++.
- Help for minorities and junior programmers with scholarships to attend major conferences. You can apply for scholarships, and donate to them.
- Help for minorities and junior programmers in submitting talks for conferences or job applications.
- A toolbox for C++ conferences to improve diversity and inclusion.
- Help for conferences in reaching minority groups with calls for papers, and suggesting candidates to invite to speak and running an inclusive conference.
- Help for companies in improving their C++ job advertisements to improve appeal to minority groups.
We are always doing more, and are open to suggestions for new ideas!
What can I do?
Thanks for asking - please see What can I do?
I like your T-Shirts, can I buy one?
Yes. See our Shop page. We have more than just shirts!
How can we be contacted?
If you have joined our Discord, you can post in #meta or DM an admin or moderator. Their names are highlighted in red or blue.
You can also reach us either through Twitter, or through the contact form below.