Current Scholarship Campaigns
These campaigns are currently in progress :
ACCU 2022 - from 6th April to 9th April 2022
We are currently organising scholarships to send people from under-represented groups to ACCU 2022.
Please donate through our Go Fund Me campaign.
We will be announcing shortly how to apply for an ACCU 2022 scholarship.
Who are we?
#include <C++> is a global, inclusive, and diverse community for developers interested in C++. Here, you can find a welcoming space to learn and discuss C++. We also provide resources to create safer, more inclusive, community gatherings.
Our goal is a more welcoming and inclusive C++ community, as expressed in conferences, the committee, industry and so on. We work hard both to make these changes, and to support others such as conference organisers, who share our goals.
We believe that a community is only as good as how it treats its most vulnerable members. Therefore, we strive to create a welcoming, safe, and accessible environment. We have a strong Code of Conduct, which we enforce.
Our primary communication platform is our Discord server. Join us to discuss and learn C++ in a welcoming, inclusive space.
Everyone who supports our goals, whether a member of any under-represented groups or not, is welcome to participate in any way - see What can I do? Many of our leaders and contributors are allies and we are grateful for all they do. If you want C++ to be more welcoming and inclusive, you’ll be welcomed and included.
What do we do?
- A set of resources on diversity and inclusion.
- An inclusive, welcoming space for people to discuss and learn C++.
- Help for minorities and junior programmers with scholarships to attend major conferences. You can apply for scholarships, and donate to them.
- Help for minorities and junior programmers in submitting talks for conferences or job applications.
- A toolbox for C++ conferences to improve diversity and inclusion.
- Help for conferences in reaching minority groups with calls for papers, and suggesting candidates to invite to speak and running an inclusive conference.
- Help for companies in improving their C++ job advertisements to improve appeal to minority groups.
We are always doing more, and are open to suggestions for new ideas!
Learn more about us
You can find out more from:
- Guy Davidson’s Meeting C++ 2017 Secret Lightning Talk “Diversity and Inclusion”
- Guy Davidson’s Meeting C++ 2018 Lightning Talk “A year in diversity”
- Sy Brand’s DevRelCon London 2019 talk “Lessons learned creating an inclusive space in a decades old community”
- Víctor Moreno’s February 2020 MUCplusplus Lightning Talk “Include C++”
What can I do?
Thanks for asking - please see What can I do?
I like your T-Shirts, can I buy one?
Yes. See our Shop page. We have more than just shirts!
How can we be contacted?
If you have joined our Discord, you can post in #meta-discord or DM an admin or moderator. Their names are highlighted in red or blue.
You can also reach us either through Twitter, or through the contact form below.