#include ＜C++＞ Code of Conduct
- Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
- Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone.
- This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behaviour occurring outside the scope of community activities, in all community venues— online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety or well-being of community members.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
The following behaviours are unacceptable in all
#include <C++> Discord channels and direct messages, and in any physical or online events officially organised by its administrative team:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information or contact details (“doxing”), even if that information is publicly available with an informed search.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualised comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Ignoring stated pronouns, assuming gender, or intentionally misgendering people. Use gender-neutral language when unsure.
- Sustained or disruptive demands for explanations or discussions of topics that are out of context, personal, or otherwise unwelcome.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
This is not an exhaustive list. Remember the expected behaviours.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If an issue occurs, please contact an Moderator or Administrator. On Discord their names are highlighted in blue or red.
- If violations occur, Moderators or Administrators will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
- There are moderation guidelines.
- If you believe that a Moderator or Administrator has not followed the moderation guidelines properly, please report this using the same methods as a Code of Conduct violation.
- We aim to protect everyone in this community, especially our more vulnerable members.
- If evidence of criminal activity or significant wrongdoing, past or imminent, is brought to your attention regarding someone in this community or the wider C++ community, notify an admin immediately.
- Do not disclose details on any Discord channel. Evidence will be assessed on a case by case basis by the admin team.
- Remember that Discord has its own policies on doxing; avoid publishing any kind of personal information.
- If in doubt, ask an admin.
- This document is managed on GitHub.
- We welcome pull requests.
- Suggestions, questions, or comments can be made directly to administrators, or discussed on the