- If you think women in tech is just a pipeline problem, you haven’t been paying attention — Medium
- Re-Recruit From the Leaky Pipeline by Seonaid Lee: Model View Culture
- How to hire
- This is why you never end up hiring good developers – Quartz
- The Moneyball Approach to Building a Software Team: Moz Developer Blog
- How to Find, Hire, and Retain Developers – Interview with Cal Evans - Fog Creek Blog - via Internet Archive
- How to Recruit – Rands in Repose
Wording of Adverts
- Not everything is awesome: FT Labs
- Words matter. Thinking about how you talk about jobs if you want more women to apply. – disambiguity
- Coraline Ada Ehmke — Not Applicable: What Your Job Post Is Really Saying
Advice to job seekers
- Do you need to do side projects to be a good developer? (Sarah Mei Twitter thread)
Preparing for Performance Reviews
If you have a performance review once a year, it’s wise to prepare for it all year round, saving reminders of things you did well or of opportunities you would have liked to be given.
- The Difficulty Anchor: A technique for ensuring a project will be recognized as difficult once it is complete by getting an opinion (from an unlikely ally) before starting - and for those at Google, an offer to be one from Chandler Carruth.